3 DAYS UGANDA GORILLA SAFARIS FROM KIGALI $530 PP IN A GROUP
- Rates are per person (pp) and based on 2 people sharing a room
- Excludes international flights to and from home country
This 3-day Uganda Gorilla safari from Kigali is also for those people interested in trekking mountain gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable forest national park Uganda, but prefer to or are staying in Rwanda. It is also for those who would like to trek Uganda gorillas but prefer a shorter drive time. The drive time from Kigali to Ruhija where you will trek gorillas is only between 5 hours as opposed to the 9 hours drive from Entebbe to Ruhija. So, you can fly into Kigali Rwanda to meet your guide instead of flying into Entebbe international airport. By tracking gorillas in Bwindi impenetrable forests national park, you will be saving over USD 900.00 off each person as opposed to tracking gorillas in Rwanda.
- Visit Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Kigali (Rwanda)
- Visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Activities: Gorilla tracking
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle and pop-up roof
- A transfer from and back to the airport or hotel is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged on an extra cost
- We can arrange Gorilla permits for $700 p/p
Day 1: Pick Up From Kigali Airport
You will be picked up from Kigali airport (Rwanda) or from any hotel in Kigali to start your 3-day Uganda gorilla safari in Kigali. Journey to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. The journey is very scenic as it takes you through a country of a thousand hills to the pearl of Africa.
You cross over to Uganda at the Katuna or Chanika border with a stop at Kabale town (when you cross from Katuna border) or Kisoro (when you cross from Chanika border) before proceeding to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park for the overnight.
Drive time: Approximately 4-5hours; Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner; Logding: Rushaga Gorilla Havens or Trekkers Tavern Lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking In Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park
After breakfast, walk to the park headquarters with your packed lunch for briefing about gorilla trekking. Your guide will take you through all the Dos and Don’ts while with the mountain gorillas. Thereafter you will be transferred to the starting point to begin your trek into the forest to look for the gorilla family you have been assigned.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
- Gorilla family allocation depends on your interests, fitness, and age
- You may inform your guide on your interests and he will try to request for the gorilla family of your choice before you start the trek in the forest.
- Gorilla trekking can be strenuous and a certain level of fitness is required.
- Gorilla trekking can take between 30 minutes to three-quarters of the day so one needs to prepare for both.
- Your guide will try to provide information about trees, birds, and other wildlife in the forest until you meet a certain group of gorillas.
- You will be allowed only one hour to observe the gorillas as they go about their daily activities and take photographs of gorillas before you trek back to the park headquarters to pick your certificate that confirms that you tracked gorillas in Uganda.
Lodging: Rushaga Gorilla Havens or Trekker Tavern Lodge; Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Day 3: Back To Kigali
After breakfast, you will drive back to Kigali International Airport for your flight. This marks the end of your 3-day Rwanda-Uganda gorilla safari.