Accommodations and Destinations
This 7-day trip, through Fort Portal, takes you through the main historical, cultural, and tribal attractions in the Rwenzori region. You also tour crater lakes.
This trip offers the following:
- Amabere ga nyina Mwiru – historical site
- The Tooro Kingdom and Royal Tombs
- Mini hikes to the Mountain of the Moon – the Rwenzori
- Visiting villages and communities for African dance, African herbal medicine, cultural doctors, the African way of life, story-telling, marriages, and beverages.
- Do chimpanzee tracking in Kibale National Park
- Tour Queen Elizabeth National Park, home to the tree-climbing – big lion; do game drive safari, boat cruise safaris, salt tour safaris, fishing safaris
- Visit the Western Rift Valley, see male and female hot springs, the shortest people on the earth (the pygmies), Cultural dance and drama, Creative dance from Tooro Cultural people, Rwenzururu Cultural people, and The Bamadi (Pygmy Cultural people).
- Pickup from the airport or city to Fort Portal
- Accommodation-camping, hostel, bed and breakfast (budget, mid-range)
- Cost based on groups of 6-14 people
- Cost includes- transport, bed, and breakfast (BB), tour and cultural activities, wildlife tours, transfers, tribal and home visits and local guides allowance